Formula for combining numbers from 2 tables

bansche123

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
365 MSO (64bit)
[FONT=&quot]Dear Forum Users,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the uploaded xls. file there is a table titled: “[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ALL possible combinations of NUMBERS”(AZ13:BE22)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. In this table I would like for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]combinations of NUMBERS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to appear [/FONT][FONT=&quot]after[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the comparison of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]two SET combinations[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. This means that in the number combinations there shall be numbers from:[/FONT]

• “Identical numbers with 2nd combination plus green (Tab. 1)” (BA6:BE11) and
  • “Identical numbers with 1st combination plus green (Tab. 2)” (BA27:BE32)
[FONT=&quot]This is a graphic demonstration how the formula should make the combinations of numbers:
[/FONT]
View attachment 10497

[FONT=&quot]Basically [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a number from each SET, must be in the NUMBER combination[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Also, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]maximally, only, one number from each set must be used[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. In this example I used yellow background to show that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in each set of both SET combinations[/FONT][FONT=&quot] there is a number the forms [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the NUMBER combination[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1, 11, 24, 30, 31[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Now, [/FONT]instead of 24, I could have also picked 8 and 45 and crossed out 24[FONT=&quot]. Then the combination would consist of 6 numbers: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1, 8, 11, 30, 31, 45[/FONT][FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any help would be appreciated :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please don’t hesitate do ask questions of something isn’t quite understandable.

Cross posted at:
[/FONT]
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-formulas-and-functions/1348997-formula-for-creating-number-combinations-from-two-tables.html#post5515180 (last post)
https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/formula-for-combining-numbers-from-2-tables.1170631/

UPDATE: I have a newer Excel version – the 365 one, not the 2016 anymore.

Back