Thread: Formula for combining numbers from 2 tables

Articles
    Excel Version
    365 MSO (64bit)

Formula for combining numbers from 2 tables

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Dear Forum Users,

In the uploaded xls. file there is a table titled: “ALL possible combinations of NUMBERS”(AZ13:BE22). In this table I would like for combinations of NUMBERS to appear after the comparison of the two SET combinations. This means that in the number combinations there shall be numbers from:

• “Identical numbers with 2nd combination plus green (Tab. 1)” (BA6:BE11) and
    • “Identical numbers with 1st combination plus green (Tab. 2)” (BA27:BE32)

This is a graphic demonstration how the formula should make the combinations of numbers:
    Attachment 10497

Basically a number from each SET, must be in the NUMBER combination. Also, maximally, only, one number from each set must be used. In this example I used yellow background to show that in each set of both SET combinations there is a number the forms the NUMBER combination: 1, 11, 24, 30, 31. Now, instead of 24, I could have also picked 8 and 45 and crossed out 24. Then the combination would consist of 6 numbers: 1, 8, 11, 30, 31, 45.

Any help would be appreciated
    Please don’t hesitate do ask questions of something isn’t quite understandable.

Cross posted at:
    https://www.excelforum.com/excel-formulas-and-functions/1348997-formula-for-creating-number-combinations-from-two-tables.html#post5515180 (last post)
    https://www.mrexcel.com/board/thread...ables.1170631/

Articles
    Excel Version
    365 MSO (64bit)
    UPDATE: I have a newer Excel version – the 365 one, not the 2016 anymore.