Timeline does not put in all my 3 pivot tables

kenabulli

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello,

Would need help with this. Was trying to make the timeline to accommodate all 3 pivot tables in "overall view" sheet. When i right click onto the timeline and click onto "report connection". It does not show me the table for 124 and 123.

Need the timeline to show "Received date / GR 103 approved dates"

Apologies as i am new to this forum.

Attachments

• draft 2323.xlsx
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
This is because the sources of data for the pivots are separate and unconnected, so when you look at the Report Connections for the TimeLine it only has one pivot listed.
To connect the 3 data sources, you need to add the data to the Data Model when you create the pivots, then set up relationships (connections) between them. The cleanest way to do this is to set up a Dates table (Calendar) and connect each of your source data's date columns to it. Then you can set up a timeline to the Calendar.

The attached's sheet Overall View has had its 3 pivot tables re-created from scratch (along with their charts) from the Data Model. The other sheets haven't been edited at all, save while I was trying to get this to work I deleted a blank row or two from some of the source data tables (I didn't need to it turns out).

File's too big to attach directly so here's a link: https://app.box.com/s/4vhk9c5njo4389leefd0wbv5et0yjvfj

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you for the reply ! I was stuck at 1 part, How do you connect each of my source data dates column to it ? I have done the adding the data to my data model, i open up "power pivot" but do not know how to connect them.

Quoted from you
"The cleanest way to do this is to set up a Dates table (Calendar) and connect each of your source data's date columns to it. Then you can set up a timeline to the Calendar."

Last edited:
Hello !

I manage to figure it out myself ! thanks for the help !

Back