Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Specification Comparison Table from Different Worksheets

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365

Specification Comparison Table from Different Worksheets

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi everyone, I'm trying to compile a specification table for a product that comes with different models, and I stumble upon on one that exactly matches what I have in mind:

1st step: choose the 2 products for comparison at https://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
    2nd step: display the properties of the 2 (or more products) at this result: https://www.dpreview.com/products/co...anon_ixus500hs

My question is: is it possible to do this in Excel 365? I have the specifications of the different models in different worksheets and what I have in mind is to compare the models on a new worksheet that'll populate the models that I choose.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense? Thanks everyone.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    There are various ways it could be done.Provide a sample workbook with some dummy data that resembles your real data - 20-30 rows will suffice.
    Ali
    Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel!

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365

Sample dummy data

Quote Originally Posted by AliGW View Post
    There are various ways it could be done.Provide a sample workbook with some dummy data that resembles your real data - 20-30 rows will suffice.
    Hi there, here's a workbook that resembles what I'm after in the comparison tab, and the specs of individual models of different brands are in subsequent worksheets, if that make sense?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    The attached solution uses PowerQuery to process the camera brand data and produce a composite lookup table and a list of models for the drop-down. The comparison table then uses simple LOOKUP formulae to populate the data. The initial version uses tables and an append query, and the second uses named ranges and the =Excel.CurrentWorkbook() function.

If this is something you feel you can work with, let me know, and I can talk you through how to set it up. Adding more makes and models would be relatively painless.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ali

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365

Yes!

Hi AliGW, yes! The output is exactly what I'm after! If you don't mind coaching me through it, I'd really appreciate all the help i can have for this. Thanks!
    Last edited by AliGW; 2021-04-10 at 09:11 AM. Reason: PLEASE don't quote unnecessarily!

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    Have a look at the second - it maintains the layout in the individual model pages, however that makes it a little more fiddly to maintain. If you can live with the layout in the first option, I'd go with that.
    Ali

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    I should add that I don't have time to coach you through both options, so you need to make a decision, please. If you want V2, then I shall need to refine it a little first. Please let me know - I won't start until you've made your choice.
    Ali

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365
    Hi Ali, thank you for the time and effort to help me on this. I prefer V2 as it'll help me with future additions. Thanks!

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    OK - in that case, let me see if I can refine it first to avoid tricky situations when the queries are refreshed.I will post back later today - I hope you are patient, as this won't be quick, sorry.
    Ali

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    I'm sorry - I've realised there's a major problem with the solution I offered. I will continue to look at it and see if I can fix it, but for now I must withdraw it, as it is not pulling through the camera models correctly.

Sorry about that.
    Ali

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast