Thread: VBA for combobox depending on value of another

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Articles
    Excel Version

VBA for combobox depending on value of another

I have a spreadsheet (attached)
    it has a userform with 4 comboboxes in it Depending on the value of the first combobox (rep names [Tom, Barry, Kim]), then combobox 2, 3 and 4 will have data drop down that pertains to that name
    I have named ranges in cells A1-A6 called Tom, Cells A9 - A12 called barry, and A15-18 called kim
    Example if Tom is selected in Combobox 1 then in Comboboxes 2, 3 , and 4 only Red, Green, Yellow, Blue will appear
    if Barry is selected in combobox1 then in comboboxes 2,3 and 4 only purple, pink, brown and black will appear
    if Kim is selected in Combobox1 then in comboboxes 2,3 and 4 only white, clear, Orange and grey will appear

I am looking for VBA to put into userform so I can place data on sheet 2 Combobox 1 into sheet 2 cell A1, Combobox2 into sheet 2 cell B1, Combobox3 into sheet2 cell C1 and combobox4 into sheet 2 cell D1

Any help would be FANTASTIC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Just use the event change for Combo1 to re-populate the rest of combos depending upon selected value in combo 1. And do not forget to clear them beofre re-populate

Articles
    Excel Version
    Could you point me to where I get some assistrance on how to incorperate this in my userform VBA please

Articles
    Excel Version
    Just go to your form, click the combo ComboBox4 you use for Rep Name, right click and go to see code. It will create a Sub ComboBox4_Change. Insert your code there that will be executed when that combo changes