Nesting the IF function with DATEDIF concatenate

toony

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
I'm a bit new to excel, or may be not so new but very green yet specially when it comes to nesting functions.

The below is to get how many years, months and days have passed since a given date.
It worked fine except that it would give me years/months/days even if it was just the 1 month (1months instead). With help I managed to sort out the days but tried different ways to get the same for the years and for the months but really struggling to nest the IF function to get month or months respectively and year or years.

=DATEDIF(H4,TODAY(),"y")&" years,"&DATEDIF(H4,TODAY(),"ym")&" months, "&DATEDIF(H4,TODAY(),"md")&IF(DATEDIF(H4,TODAY(),"md")>1," days"," day")

You are required to tell us if you have posted the same question elsewhere. Please provide the missing cross-post link.

You are required to tell us if you have posted the same question elsewhere. Please provide the missing cross-post link.

Not sure what you mean. I did put a post for this question but was not completed and didn't receive a reply so I reposted it again with the added missing question.

I put it I think on Thursday/Friday

You posted the same question on Excel Forum - I gave you the solution for days and you just left the thread hanging without coming back to it. Now you have posted here on the same issue, so you need to provide a link to your thread on Excel Forum here, and on Excel Forum you need to provide a link back to this thread.

Read the respective sites' rules on cross-posting.

Again i will explain

Listen i don't know what is your problem with me. I think you are just being akward with me for no reason. It's not the first fine that you pick on me or tell me off in not very nice way. I will explain it again, only to you. I did post it in excelforum that's correct. I didn't ignore it. Somebody replied very kindly and very kindly replied with subsecuente good review for his/help. However, let me point out again as i have already done in the threat that the question that it far been answered but had another query with it......but i have only posted this in one side. To be honest i am trying to avoid you. I find you not very nice at least to me. All said, if you don't want to help out with it it's just fine. Thank you

I have already helped you on the other forum, and no, I am not trying to be awkward, but you seem to be having a problem understanding what cross posting is and why it’s important that you tell us when you have done so. I just don’t want you to end up making the same mistake again. But if you don’t mind being pulled up on it again in the future, should you do it again, then that’s fine, although of course we’d rather you didn’t.

Please read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.

Again i will explain

You havent helped with this specific one i am telling you again, and again i am telling that i havent put this specific question 8n qny other forum at all. Not sure how else you want me to say it sorry. I don't think you are very friendly or approacheable person and to in your role as a moderator i think you should be more simpathetic and approacheable to people if nobody has expressed it to you already

Again i will explain

Didn't meanto be mean or rude but that is my honet view about your handling. I hope dindn't ofend you though but at this point i feel enough frustrated myself. You said i left it hanging out and it's not true. On the contrary, I haven't seen a reply to my last other query before i posted this inexcelguru. You said i have cross posted one threat abd am not denying it but didn't see a reply to it which is why i decided to repost it in just one side (not on 2 as you state). It's part of another question which i did post on 2 sites correct, but not this one and wouldn't do it again. To me the question is clear and am sure more experienced people than me like yourself would have been able to help out with it in this forum without so much ado. Thanking you in any case no hard feelings. Hope you understand and see my point.

I am afraid I do not see your point. I helped you on the other forum and you STILL have not even acknowledged the help I gave you over there. In my book, that is rude, yet here I am battling to get you even to see the connection.

All you have been asked to do is provide cross-post links. It is not I, but YOU who has made a song and dance about it. Luckily for you, I don’t bear grudges. I wish you a good evening.

Where is it?

I haven't seen it. I am kind and considerate enough to acknowledge any help. In any case i have never seen an moderator so unmoderated before lady

Sigh! I posted a link about two post back.

I am not going to try to get you to understand the issue with cross posting any longer. You clearly have no intention of getting it.

Hopefully the formula I have given you in this thread will help you.

Yes thanks

I don't get all of this but we clearly dont see each others point and i suppose we have to agree to disagree on it. On my side, as mentioned i will not post on 2 sites to avoid further confusion which I wasn't going to but just saying. Thank you for your help.

Back