Need help with total monthly hours

It does not! it adds the value 12 and doesn't even look at row 12! In this context it adds 12 days (=288 hours). Barmy.
Until you get formulae right in the cells you want to sum, you've no hope of getting the correct total hours.
I'll look at your newly attached file later - out of time at the moment.

I took the 12 out and if you key in 0:30 it row 12 it still subtracts from row 16 which is what it is supposed to do. I've tried every format I could and formulas. I was hoping using =NETWORKDAYS would work but to no avail. Everything is working perfectly except the highlighted cell. I have the original that I calculated manually and the total hours for the month should be 103:12:00. I'm not really worried about the seconds. Unfortunately this is something I don't think Excel can do. The second attachment I created was not a problem except having to calculate the billable times manually in rows 12 and 25.

Enter times as follows: If it's 2:05 in the afternoon enter as 2:05 PM or 14:05.
The attached should handle times across midnight, but check.

Attachments

• example.xls
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thank you so much. I didn't really want the 24 hour times but, I guess I don't have a choice. I really do appreciate everything you did.

Back