Query for large amounts of data from Oracle and error Oracle: ORA-04031

Steffem

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Dear BI-Community

I have set a connection to an Oracle database via PQ. The connected table is VERY large containing project-related data. Each dataset is linked to a specific Project-ID. It´s impossible to download every dataset (every project). Thats why I directly filter the Project-ID-Column as a first step.
Unfortunately I don´t know how to set a dynamic filter via a list. The fuction List.ContainsAny(Projectlist,{[Project-ID]}) does not work yet. I don´t get an error code, but loading does last forever.

When I transform data in other columns (e.g. transform names of cell content) (after a set Project-ID-Filter for just one Project (about 100000 rows), it happens from time to time that I get the following error message:

DataSource.Error: Oracle: ORA-04031: 96 Bytes des gemeinsamen Speichers konnten nicht zugewiesen werden ("shared pool","select "_"."PROJEKT",
"...","sql area","optdef : qcsocrop")

I do have two questions please:
1) Is power query downloading or processing all of the project data sets and then filtering, or does PQ just ask for the selected Project-ID, when I have set a filter at the beginning? How can I handle this query most efficiently? (actually a query for about 5 projects would be ideal.)
2) How can I handle the error code?

I am relativly knew to PQ and to programming. Does anyone please have expert knowledge for beginners being able helping me?

I´d be really grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Best, Steffen

Back