Convert to Parameter remains inactive

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Microsoft 365
I am facing the issue that I cannot convert any query to parameter. Not even single values or lists. The function "conver to parameter" in the context menu over the query remains constantly inactive. I am using Microsoft 365 (16.0.13328.20476) 64-Bit. I have searchd the web and checked, if there could be a new option disabling it. But I found nothing. Any idea, where this could come from? Thanks a lot for your help. Cheers, Giuseppe

Could be to do with the queries themselves. Attach a sample workbook.

Could be to do with the queries themselves. Attach a sample workbook.

Thanks very much for your reply.
Please find attached a workbook with example queries and the raw data used in the query. On both single values and on the list I have "convert to parameter" inactive.
Appreciate your looking into it, thanks.

Attachments

• Convert_to_Parameter_inactive.xlsx
    17 KB · Views: 29
  • Ueberschriften.txt
    223 bytes · Views: 19
Here you are the screenshots....

Attachments

• Screenshots_Convert_To_Parameter_Inactive.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 117
The option is greyed out here, too, so for some reason, PQ is not happy about converting that data to a parameter (and i don't know why - sorry). I suggest you try to create your parameter a different way.

I like this video on how to create a parameter query.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK2yBpiITvI

That video is a little odd, because it uses two steps (ANDCriteria01 and ANDCriteria02) which are never used elsewhere because he uses the other queries directly:
These two lines are redundant (and can be removed entirely):
Code:
ANDCriteria01=ProductCriteria,
ANDCriteria02=RegionCriteria,
because he has later referred directly to the other queries:
Code:
#"Filtered  Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each ([Product] = [COLOR=#0000ff]ProductCriteria[/COLOR]) and ([Region] = [COLOR=#0000ff]RegionCriteria[/COLOR])),

To use those two steps, he should have had:
Code:
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each ([Product] = [COLOR=#0000ff]ANDCriteria01[/COLOR]) and ([Region] = [COLOR=#0000ff]ANDCriteria02[/COLOR])),

Also it suggests a different way of using parameters from Giuseppe's.

Giuseppe, I too have come up against a brick wall and can't fathom why that Convert to Parameter option is greyed out. Still looking

Last edited:
Back