Printer Error while updating Data Connections

JohnMDZ

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2019
Hi,

I created a Excel file to combine different other Excel files in one Pivot-Table, I used Power Query for that. In sense of usability I created a button which updates all connections and Pivots in the file via vba. The button work well on my machine. In contrast to my colleagues machine, when he opens the file a Message Box with this translated text occure: "An error occurred when printing to PRINTER-NAME. Microsoft Excel could not print. This may be caused by the following: ..."

After he hits "ok". The file is working as expected. I used the following VBA-Code.

Code:
    ThisWorkbook.Connections("Query 1").Refresh
    ' wait until query 1 is done
    Application.CalculateUntilAsyncQueriesDone

ThisWorkbook.Connections("Query 2").Refresh
    ' wait until query 2 is done
    Application.CalculateUntilAsyncQueriesDone

' refresh all PivotTables
    Dim PT As PivotTable
    Dim sheet As Worksheet
    For Each sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
        For Each PT In sheet.PivotTables
            PT.RefreshTable
        Next PT
    Next sheet

"Query 1" connects to a file, which contains paths to the files of interests. "Query 2" uses these paths to access the different files and combine them to one datasets. This makes it necessary to update "Query 1" first, and afterwards update "Query 2".

I have no idea, where this Error is coming from. The file is not designed to print anything and my colleagues didn't print that day. I would be glad, if someone could give me a hint on that.

Thanks
John

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 100048.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 100048.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
Back