altering a free great vertex42 calendar file

anon125

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
View attachment calendar2021adj.zip
attached is a zip file of the excel 2002 file from a computer that does not connect to the internet and scanned anyway!
i need to change the date list of all the holidays etc.
how do i do this without messing up his omigod formulae?
thanks all

The first handful of holidays are calculated from the year - you shouldn't need to change them, they will change themselves according to the year. Otherwise, if you don't want them, just overwrite/add to them with actual dates.

The first handful of holidays are calculated from the year - you shouldn't need to change them, they will change themselves according to the year. Otherwise, if you don't want them, just overwrite/add to them with actual dates.
most do not apply. but as the date is calculated.... how do i change the date. did you look at the file?
thanks

Yes, of course I looked at the file :mad:. The formulae are designed for any year. If you don't like them, either delete them or overwrite them with a date.
You've duplicated the Year sheet, deleted most of the dates on that Year sheet.
Start again with a fresh original vertex woorkbook and DON't duplicate the Year sheet. Change the year in cell A4, then do what you will with the dates in column Z and descriptions in column AA. The dates with formulae in them will be re-calculated all by themselves to suit the year you typed in in cell A4. Do NOT insert rows/cells, nor delete any cells (yes you can delete/change the contents but not the cell itself - there are named ranges on the Year sheet which are used in many other sheets, and you've inserted a cell at cell A10 of the Year sheet. Dump that file and start again with a fresh one.

Last edited:
on the year the dates are in columnY theses are formulae
thanks

on the year the dates are in columnY theses are formulae
great, so you added a column A to sheet Year (2), so for columns Z and AA read Y and Z for sheet Year. If you really want to be pedantic, let's talk about the columns headed Date and Event or Holiday. Again, dump the whole file and start again.

i downloaded another file problem solved

i did as you suggested. hope you can solve the problem with the newly downloaded file.
thanks

Back