CSV Export issues

heimdal

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2013
I am trying to export a spreadsheet that has 11 columns and 26000 rows, in to a CSV. This is for the purposes of loading it in to a database. The resulting CSV appears to have added empty cells for all columns, even those are empty and beyond the range of my data. This results in 17 rows of ,,,, between each row of data. This is causing problems with the load into my database, that only has 11 columns. I have tried all versions of CSV, without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as redoing 26000 rows is no small task. I am using Excel365 and it is essentially useless in the way I am using it.

Very difficult to advise without seeing at least a small sample of the data you're trying to export; could you attach a workbook with smaller subset of your data (desensitised) which still exhibits the same problem on export?

How do I upload a sample?

Very difficult to advise without seeing at least a small sample of the data you're trying to export; could you attach a workbook with smaller subset of your data (desensitised) which still exhibits the same problem on export?

Hi, It appears you can't upload a CSV, the site rejects CSV files. I have add a screen shot.

Attachments

• Snap 2020-11-14 at 14.42.26.png
    Snap 2020-11-14 at 14.42.26.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
I'd have thought you'd want to upload a workbook since that's what you're exporting from, but if you want to upload a CSV file too (perfect if you want to upload 2 CSV files, one 'faulty' one and one as you'd like it to be) Then zip them all up in a zip file and upload that.

Back