Challenge: connecting cells in different sheets

MDBC

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi all, anybody know how I can
link column A with column B?
I would like to use the codes in column B in different sheets.
For example if I type B5, I would like cells in other workshheets to automatically
fill in the corresponding data from D5, E5, F5, G5, H5, I5 and J5
Ps What would I need to do if I insert/delete 1 more person or pet so that the formulas
get inserted/deleted automatically as well
Thanks a lot!!

Attachments

• CODELINK.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 10
Just use a simple lookup formula

=INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH($B2,Sheet1!$B:$B,0))

Last edited:
Hi and welcome
Please,do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).
If you have fewer than 10 posts here, you will not be able to post a link, but you must still tell us where else you have asked the question

Do not post any further responses in this thread until a link has been provided to these cross posts.

Cross links: https://www.mrexcel.com/board/search/119500/

Hi all, anybody know how I can
link column A with column B?
I would like to use the codes in column B in different sheets.
For example if I type B5, I would like cells in other workshheets to automatically
fill in the corresponding data from D5, E5, F5, G5, H5, I5 and J5
Ps What would I need to do if I insert/delete 1 more person or pet so that the formulas
get inserted/deleted automatically as well
Thanks a lot!!
Crosslink to MrExcel

Back