Hide Web toolbar

rdwray

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I am running Excel XP and I have a custom menu with some hyperlinks to open spreadsheets, the problem is that every time I click one of the links the Web toolbar opens, how to I stop it?

cross posted without links:
https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/hide-web-toolbar.1147430/
rdwray, for your information, you should always provide links to your cross posts.
This is a requirement, not just a request.
If you have cross posted at other places, please add links to them too.
Why? Have a read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
In all the years I have been on the internet, this is a new one on me. You are telling me that if I post the same thing on any website that I should post a link to it on all sites even though I don't know the sites are linked - impossible.

- impossible.
Seems you're the first to think so.
BTW, the article linked to in my post was written in June 2006.

I was referring to the 2nd link in my post, not the link I posted being a link to one of your cross posts.

I don't read forum rules every time I log on, that's true, but there isn't anything about Excelguru and MrExcel being linked. When did you and MrExcel link up anyway, it has been several months since I have been on either website?
No-one's linked anywhere.
Please, read that link:
http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
then I'm sure you'll understand.
It's a link to an article which is often used (by many people not related to ExcelGuru too) because it's a good article and saves people typing out long messages of explanation about why cross-posting without providing links is a pain.
Not all forums have that rule, but >95% do.

Last edited:
I was referring to the 2nd link in my post, not the link I posted being a link to one of your cross posts.

No-one's linked anywhere.
Please, read that link:
http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
then I'm sure you'll understand.
It's a link to an article which is often used (by many people not related to ExcelGuru too) because it's a good article and saves people typing out long messages of explanation about why cross-posting without providing links is a pain.
Not all forums have that rule, but >95% do.

If "No-one's linked anywhere", how was it known that I made a post on MrExcel?

If "No-one's linked anywhere", how was it known that I made a post on MrExcel?
Often by pure chance; you'll probably be able to see that there are relatively few people who respond to threads, and often these same people surf their favourite set of forums. When they (not just moderators btw) come across a crosspost without links they simply alert others of the existence of those cross posts - sometimes supplying links themselves, sometimes not.

There's another very good reason (not mentioned in the article) for you to supply links to your own cross-posts: people answering will be able to check progress of your solution(s) and instead of you getting repeating advice on multiple forums, you're more likely to get constructive advice which will move you forward in your quest more quickly, or even get an alternative (route to a) solution.

Really, you should take the 2 minutes it'll take to read that article - it'll help you; a win-win!

Often by pure chance; you'll probably be able to see that there are relatively few people who respond to threads, and often these same people surf their favourite set of forums. When they (not just moderators btw) come across a crosspost without links they simply alert others of the existence of those cross posts - sometimes supplying links themselves, sometimes not.

There's another very good reason (not mentioned in the article) for you to supply links to your own cross-posts: people answering will be able to check progress of your solution(s) and instead of you getting repeating advice on multiple forums, you're more likely to get constructive advice which will move you forward in your quest more quickly, or even get an alternative (route to a) solution.

Really, you should take the 2 minutes it'll take to read that article - it'll help you; a win-win!

I give up, I will find another site to work with.

Back