Putting a value in the inidcated cell without a formula in each possible destination

GTretick

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I don't have much experience in VBA so I'm not sure if what I'm asking is possible.

I have a large range of cells with various dates across the top (not consecutive but in ascending order)
I have user entered cells down the side where they enter a date and a value.

I'd like to put the value in the corresponding date column that either matches it (or if no match the next highest date).

I could put a formula into each cell in the grid but that would consume a lot of calculating power and create a boggy spreadsheet.

Is there a VBA sequence that could evaluate the user entered date and put the correct value into the correct column along that row?

I've included an example file (without formulas) that hopefully illustrates what I'm trying to do

the first tab "Pull" shows the traditional multi formula method which shows how quickly calculation power can be used up. The input areas are in yellow
the second ""Put" tab illustrates how I want to enter into the yellow area and then have VBA place the correct value in the corresponding column.

Attachments

• Put vs Pull formula.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Try the attached.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru10819Put vs Pull formula.xlsm
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
That worked perfectly.

Thank you!!

I will now try to take this model and apply it to a larger spreadsheet. Hopefully I can change the correct variables to keep it working.

Back