I just want to use macro from Unemployment rate workbook to work with PMI workbook

matrix

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello Excel World

Thanks in advance for your support.

Before I explain my problem. It may make sense to show how the macro is working on the current workbook for my coping. Once this is done. If you are comfortable, the files would have to download to know if it could be done.

I have two workbooks that work together:

# 1 Unemployment rate and
# 2 GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_%

Now. Macros are created in the Unemployment_Rate workbook for the following:

# 1 To copy data that has the same worksheet name from the GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% workbook and paste it into column "f" of the Unemployment_Rate workbook. Please see the picture below.

Next. The macro is also created for a comparison charts. Compare the Unemployment_Rate workbook with the GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% workbook in the chart. The data is in columns "B", "E" and "F".

Next. On column "K". We have the header on cell "K1": Number of years in the X axis.

And on "k2" is a fixed number "10" which represents 10 years of graph data in the future.

And on "K3" there is a patch number "-10" which represents 10 years of graphics data in the past.

Next. the left and right arrows are used to go back to the past or forward to the future years "10" and "-10"

Here are the two workbooks that work together:

#1 Unemployment rate : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3nnoNXbT-oG9EVsJkNpz5VDF7cCd7Mx/view?usp=sharing
#2 GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_%: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dy2cI-hDMcxegzTyvxSPY7t2VIpU6Yzd/view?usp=sharing

My problem is: how can I copy macro from Unemployment_Rate workbook, adjust the macro and paste it into another workbook (PMI workbook), that also works with GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% workbook.

Here are the new and partially completed workbook:

#1 PMI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UhWpQF-PYc887P_41K-isTRyGnPiBYBy/view?usp=sharing

The file is similar but not the same.

Example:
Unemployment rate workbook have 181 worksheet and
GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% worksheet have 185 worksheets.

Both workbooks have the same worksheets names, but different data. A macro was created to link both workbooks and link the same worksheet names to create a comparison chart for each worksheet.

This two workbooks works together.

The question is, how can I make PMI workbook work together with GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% workbook, using or coping macro from Unemployment rate workbook.

Example:

PMI workbook have 51 worksheets.
GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_% worksheet have 185 worksheets.

Both workbooks have the same worksheets names, but different data. A macro was created to link both workbooks and link the same worksheet names to create a comparison chart for each worksheet.

This two workbooks works together.

I just want to use the macro from Unemployment rate workbook to work with PMI workbook.

Can someone help me and explain my errors on how I am not getting it done the right way? I really appreciate the support.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Ok thanks for the information

Back