Help With SumIfs

Currymonster30

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi I wonder if anyone can help as I’m not an excel expert and am stuck.
I’ve entered some dummy data into my workbook to test it but can’t figure out what’s wrong
I’m trying to use a SUMIFS formula but can’t get it to work and I can’t see where I’ve gone wrong so if anybody could help that would be great.
What I want it to do is provide a weekly total of hours & minutes spent on calls by worker on the Inbox Record Log worksheet from data recorded on the worksheet between A2:J68 using a SUMIFS.
I’m trying to get the data to appear next to the correct worker name from Cell N3 week33 for worker John to cell X7 week 43 for worker Jason and I want the formula to add all the time by each worker in column J for each week Colum A.

I’ve tried two different version of the formula, one with ranges (see range names below) and one without.
Range Names

• WeekNo which references Colum A (Week No) on worksheet Index Record Log
  • TimeTaken which references Colum (Time Taken) on worksheet Index Record Log
  • Worker which references Colum I (Worker) on worksheet Index Record Log

The two version of the formula I’ve written but can’t get to work is on the in cells N3 and 03 worksheet.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and any response.

Attachments

• System Response Times--Ongoing.xlsx
    24.3 KB · Views: 14
Your formula in column O3 was very close. The problem was that your named ranges were different lengths. WeekNo went from A2:A69 while Worker and TimeTaken went through H2:H68 and J2:J68, respectively. For some reason, SUMIFS is sensitive to the sum range and the criteria range(s) being the same length. Here is the correct formula.

=SUMIFS(TimeTaken,Worker,$M3,WeekNo,N$2)

Back