Pivot table may show absent for employee whose presence is not in source data (SQL)

Ramzan

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I need help for employees attendance report built by pivot table on check in and check out data.
I have used power query and added some custom columns to calculate Present and Absent employees. Also created calendar and employees list tables in data model and created relationships between tables.
Please see attachment. Pivot table should show absent for the employee whose presence is not in source data.
Please help and guide me that what Am I missing?
confused.gif

Please suggest some Custom Column / Calculated Column / Measure etc for desired result.
frown.gif

Please suggest some solution which may not increase the lines (Records) too much.
Attached file has just small table of source data as a sample. My actual data is in SQL and has many columns and rows.
Thanks and regards in advance.

Attachments

• Pivot table should show absent for the employee whose presence is not in source data.xlsx
    370.7 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to the forum. :)

We would very much like to help you with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.

Please provide the requested link. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :)

We would very much like to help you with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.

Please provide the requested link. Thanks.

My assistant posted this query on my behalf. He did not know the status of query posted on other forum by me. Actually we needed the solution urgently as some work is halted. I am very sorry for posting in more than one forum. Link of query on other forum is
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ch...yee-whose-presence-is-not-in-source-data.html
I am very sorry and I promise to follow the rule in future.

You should not be allowing a third party to be using your account here or anywhere else.

For what it’s worth, you didn’t need to invent an assistant as an excuse. All you needed to do was provide the link, so thanks for that, but your excuse gave me a good laugh. ;)

Back