Rename column on consulting edit

Coribien

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Office 2016
Hello people, i would like to get some help on this. I'm trying to change the name of a dynamic column but a error message appears saying the name "Projecto" all ready exist.

It's possible to change, how?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Sem Título.jpg
    Sem Título.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17
In PowerQurey (and in any proper Excel table) all column headers need to be unique. In your case, you already have a column of that name.

Thank you AliGW. The problem has already identify, i'm looking for a solution. :biggrin1:
In PowerQurey (and in any proper Excel table) all column headers need to be unique. In your case, you already have a column of that name.

It's obvious, isn't it? Give the column a different name - it cannot have the same name as another column. There is no other solution.

I'm sorry AliGW but i disagree. In this screenshot i show a example of what i need but i can replicate. So its possible, right?

2o.png

It's obvious, isn't it? Give the column a different name - it cannot have the same name as another column. There is no other solution.

Thy may look the same, but I can assure you that they are not. Maybe you have added differing numbers of trailing spaces? The only way to convince me will be to attach the workbook.

As I have said three times now, no two columns can have exactly the same name. :)

What are you trying to do, Coribien? Power Query is used to transform data from one form to another. Are you showing us your starting data or what you want to end up with? Can you provide a workbook showing some input data and the output you want? There are many people here who can find a solution to your problem without having to create duplicate column names. For example, you could use Power Query to create a table with just four columns (Marco, Semana, Projeto, Hora Extras) and then create a pivot table from that.

Back