Power Query: Count of All Items in a Column Over 80 Dollars?

jdanniel2020

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
Hello, I'm using Excel/Office 365 and have a question about Power Queries.
I want a sheet that can contain any or all of the following information. I'm not sure (yet) how to do this.

1) A count of everything in the "Amount" column that is between $80.00 and $90.00.
2) A count of everything in the "Amount" column that is $80.00 or more.
3) A count of everything in the "Amount" column that is $90.00 or more.

Can I create a Power Query with one, some, or all of these three criteria? If so, what would be the best procedure for creating this?
If it's easier to do this some other way, i.e. with formulas, what would be the best procedure for that?

Attached to this message is the spreadsheet. Thank you! Jd

Attachments

• pseg.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 11
Ali,

For some reason, my old profile is not allowing me to post new topics. I'm not sure how to delete that old profile.

I tried using the COUNTIF function (I haven't tried COUNTIFS yet), and I came up with this formula:
=COUNTIF(B2:B32,">=80")

That works. I also modified it thusly:
=COUNTIF(B2:B32,">=90")

I do not need Power Query, now that you mentioned this option. However, I'm still working on a formula for $80-90. Any suggestions? Also, any idea why the Post New Thread option wouldn't be available on my other profile? I'll gladly delete one of my profiles if the other one is working. Jd

I think I got it.

=COUNTIFS(B2:B50,">=80", B2:B50,"<=90")

Regarding the old profile, you will need to contact an administrator. I have no idea why you cannot post using it.

Well done on working out the COUNTIFS!

Hi Ali, thank you for recommending the COUNTIFS function.

As for my other account, it's odd. Take a look at the three screen shots below. The first one shows my other account. All of my posting permissions have been disabled. The second screen shot shows no Post New Thread button. But in this account that I'm using now, there obviously is. Maybe an Administrator can take a look at my account and see if there's something amiss. Maybe I said something that was a TOS violation? I don't think I did. Anyway, thanks again. Jd

Attachments

• Excel Main.jpg
    Excel Main.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 6
Back