v lookup

thedeadzeds

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)

For some reason my look up formula is not working. This is what I am trying to achieve.​

I have 2 tables, 1 named Database and the other Respond.​

I want to look up the values in Column H and check if they are in the Database Table.​

I have created lookups in columns I, J and K and coulmn I works fine, but I cant seem to get J and K to work properly.​

Ideally, I want to have just one vlookup in column I that can look up the value in column H and check if they are in any of the columns in the Database Table.​

I have tried this formula but it does not work.​

=VLOOKUP(H7, C$6:E$29, {1,2,3}, FALSE)​

Can someone please help?​

I have attached the file.​

Many thanks​

Attachments

• DATA V RESPOND.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 17
Use this formula in I6, then copy down and across

=VLOOKUP($H6, C$6:C$29, 1, FALSE)

I may have mis-understood what you were trying to accomplish, but here is a file you can take a look at to see if this is what you had in mind. My understanding was you wanted to do away with column J and K and just use column I cells to search C6:E29 for any existence of a number. Not trying to post on top of Bob's reply ....... Bob's solution will work. I just read your question a little differently i guess. anyway the file is there . There is always more than one way to skin a cat i guess, just as long as it gets skunt.

Attachments

• respond.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 14
Cat skinning? Seriously??

Perhaps you should have a few words with your own "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat".

:whip: :lol:

Thanks Tommy, works like an absolute treat

Many thanks again

Back