Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Change Cell fill color

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office Professional Plus 2013

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

p45cal for some reason when i copy and paste the code into my excel file, nothing happens when i run the code. i put the code into module one, where i have had the other code as well. i deleted the old code. upon running the code, nothing happens within the file, and there is no error message either.
    Last edited by jskobel; 2020-03-27 at 01:47 PM.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by jskobel View Post
    p45cal for some reason when i copy and paste the code into my excel file, nothing happens when i run the code. i put the code into module one, where i have had the other code as well. i deleted the old code. upon running the code, nothing happens within the file, and there is no error message either.
    That code is designed to work on Sheet1, and as I said: "If they're all no fill currently nothing happens." So you should fill some cells with colour before running the macro.

Articles
    Excel Version
    thanks NormS. i like the way it works, but don't know if this is the best approach. May need to be able to add or delete item within the list as things change.

Quote Originally Posted by NormS View Post
    Here's an approach using just conditional formatting, no VBA. Starting from your IV_PM.1 file I added two helper columns (which you can hide) to simplify the conditional formatting formula. It detects the first date entered in a row and highlights the subsequent due dates. Be careful, though; the conditional formatting can get messed up quickly if you modify the worksheet by indiscriminately cutting, copying and pasting!

Norm

Articles
    Excel Version
    p45cal i didnt notice that the cells were a conditional format and not just a fill color. I did change column b to be a fill and then tried to use the macro again, but the same thing happened. sorry, im not sure what i got going on that is wrong. attached is the current file i am working with
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by jskobel View Post
    p45cal i didnt notice that the cells were a conditional format and not just a fill color. I did change column b to be a fill and then tried to use the macro again, but the same thing happened. sorry, im not sure what i got going on that is wrong. attached is the current file i am working with
    I haven't done anything with any conditional formatting.
    Whether there is conditional formatting in column B or not, the macro will work, but there has to be at least one coloured cell in a given row for it to work on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2