Thread: Trouble with Content Controllers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Articles
    Excel Version

Trouble with Content Controllers

Hello Guru's,

thought I would start here. I am unable to find anything out there that explains if you can have multiple content controllers throughout multiple pages in a docx? I have been able to setup one throughout the document that even works in the Footer. I need to setup another one and tried to copy the one that is actually working and it duplicated the data entered. Can it be done?

Articles
    Excel Version
    You can have as many
    content controls (not controllers) as you like throughout a document. Fairly obviously, though, if you fill them in then try to replicate them via copy/paste, the pasted copy will likewise show what has already been filled in. That is an entirely separate issue from how footers are treated. If you put a content control in a footer, it will appear on all pages of the document that share that footer. If you want to have different footers, you need to:
    • modify the document's page setup to incorporate the 'different first page' and/or 'different odd and even' page settings; and/or
    • use Section breaks with the footer in the new Section's 'same as previous' property deactivated.
    Cheers,
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]