How to Expand All Levels Automatically when Importing XML files into Power Query

seanhod

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi,

I have been trying to find information on importing XML files into Power Query. I can't find anything reliable online. Does anybody have any experience with this and if so could they please recommend some resources on it.

thanks,
Seán

Hi Ali,

thanks for your reply. Apologies, my question was a bit vague. I am able to get the XML file imported but there are many levels in the XML file I am importing. Is there any way to automatically expand all the levels/tables or do I need to set this up manually the first time around?

thanks,
Seán

You are right - your question was very vague! I do not have enough experience to help, but others will. I will add some detail to the title of your opening post. :)

Hi Seanhod,

Do you by any chance have a sample file you can upload? While XML is structured, it would be helpful to see the structure you're looking at. Doesn't need to be real, just a representation of what you're looking at.

Hi Ken,

thanks so much for getting back to me and apologies for the delay on my side.

It's not letting me upload the XML file - keeps saying invalid file. I have attached the file.

I am actually trying to import data from multiple XML files to Power Query. All XML files are in the exact same format in the same folder.

Is there something similar to
Code:
each Excel.Workbook([Content]
for XML files.

Thanks,
Seán

Attachments

• 123456_ACME_Fund_1.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 29
Back