Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with Advanced search in Dropdown Menus and Data Validation

Articles
    Excel Version

Question Help needed with Advanced search in Dropdown Menus and Data Validation

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I have been reading and watching a lot of possible solutions online lately, but unfortunately I can't figure it out. Perhaps it is not possible at all in Excel what I would like to do.

On the "Basic" tab Column C (## Supplier ##) I want to be able to type e.g. Europe in row C2 and then like to get an overview of all Suppliers that contain the word Europe and I can easily select the correct Supplier.

It would also be very handy that if I enter the letter A that Excel will only show the lines that start with an A and / or a certain word such as Europe and that Excel will only show the dropdown data that contains this word. I want to be able to extend the search function to all the cells below.

This also applies to Column E (## Label ##). For example: When I type Software in Excel, it shows everything that contains the word Software so that I can easily select the correct label.

Finally, in Column G (Genre) when I type in Mouse Excel gives an overview of all Genres in which the word Mouse appears and I can easily select the correct Genre.
    I hope that what I want is actually possible in Excel and that someone could help me with this.

In any case, many thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013
    See if this solution works for you. It adjusts to your situation.
    My personal Web Excel Tutorials
    Attention! In the formulas as a delimiter I use a semicolon (; ) if you using my formula, then perhaps you need to use a comma (,)
    Also for a decimal number I use a comma (,) you may need to use point (.) instead of

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hi Navic, many thanks for your reaction. But my current Excel knowledge is not good enough and I am afraid it would take me hours to adjust this to my sheet.
    Is it possible (if you have time) that you applies this to my sheet ? You would be the best and I would be very very grateful.

Best,

Nighthawk

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013
    I apologize. My fault.
    Now, I did realize that you were looking for an opportunity for multiple cells.
    My search suggestion was for only one cell.
    Sorry
    Attention! In the formulas as a delimiter I use a semicolon (; ) if you using my formula, then perhaps you need to use a comma (,)
    Also for a decimal number I use a comma (,) you may need to use point (.) instead of

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013
    I have adapted to your requirements.
    Look at an example. That's where the helper columns are.

Add VBA code to Sheet2 Module (save as *.xlsm format)
    Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Application.Calculate
    End Sub

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hi Navic, your solution works like a charm. Many thanks for your solution.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hi Navic, I am very sorry to bother you again but I was wondering if it is possible to extent the functionality even further. Please see the tab "Dropdown NEW".

As you can see a Supplier can have more than one label. Is it possible when I choose for example the Supplier “Zound Industries International AB” from the Dropdown list in the tab “Basis” (Column C) I only get to see the labels from this Supplier. Like “Coloud Headphone, Marshall Headphones and Urban Ears Headphones” in the Label Column E. So I can choose the correct one and the Label ID is automatically inserted in Column F.

Beware: When I choose the Supplier the Supplier ID must be inserted as well in Column D.

I hope this is possible.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013

Excel dependent drop down or validation list

It's a different situation. Now I don't have time to deal with it (I'm busy few month).

I think it is necessary to create dependent drop-downs (search the excelguru.ca forum) .

View the following tutorials below or use the search engine

- How to Create a Dependent Drop-Down Menus in Excel
    - Drop down menu or validation list in Excel

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013

Dependent Drop-Down List based on quick search

I made an example of dependent drop-down lists using a final example from the Internet. It was in a hurry. If there are mistakes, I apologize!

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2013
    @Nighthawk_NL
    Tell me I know if my solution helped?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast