Request 'Sum-by-week-number' on simple spreadsheet.

JETA

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
My knowledge of Excel is limited to simple formulas, but I'm trying to start a very basic spreadsheet to track the cost of groceries per week. I attempted a "sum-by-week-number" formula that was entered into SHEET1, cell B3, but it's flawed....I'm unable to resolve it no matter what I try. I can see the forum deals with issues a lot more complex, but I'm hoping someone might consider briefly assisting me with this. I've attached two files that show SHEET1 (formula), and SHEET2 (data entry). Hoping they're readable.

Grocery-Sheet1-Formula.jpgGrocery-Sheet2-DataEntry.jpg

Pictures
Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

Hi Jeta

If I have understood your project and problem correctly, I think the attached will do what you need.

You may need to tweak it to suit exactly what you are after since I have used a single sheet instead of two, but it works.

Hope it works how you wanted it. Good luck

Attachments

• WeeklyGroceryCost.xls
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
Thank you both for your response. I'll try the attached formula...attempt to tweak and see if it works. If not, I'll definitely provide more appropriate attachments as recommended. Greatly appreciated.

I followed your example...reverting back to one sheet to keep it as simple as possible...then adjusted the suggested formula as needed and it worked perfectly! This is just a simple family grocery spreadsheet but Excel is still amazing to me. Thank you very much for your help!

You are welcome, glad I could help ��

Back