can i have powerpoint on iphone

Rishi Gupta

Reaction score
hey is it possible to have powerpoint on iphone ?? do i need any application for this ???

I've seen that someone exports their powerpoint to an mp4 file to play on an iPhone, and can think that printing all the slides to PDF might work, but I've never tried it myself. So far as I'm aware there is no Powerpoint app for the iPhone.

Are you trying to just see the slides, or is there animation and music that you're after too?

Not tried this, but if you put a PowerPoint file in SkyDrive, and viewed that from a brwoser, would that work?

Skydrive view PowerPoint

Not tried this, but if you put a PowerPoint file in SkyDrive, and viewed that from a brwoser, would that work?

Hi, download the app SKYDRIVE on the iPhone. Then upload any files you wan to view into your folders - eg PPT folder, WORD folder , to your Skydrive account (not the app SKYDRIVE). The app SKYDRIVE allows you to download and view your files from your Skydrive account.

Janine

I wouldn't think you nee the app, I have the SkyDrive app on my iPad, it is rubbish. If you have a SkyDrive account and load a PPT file there from a PC, I would think you could view that in a standard iPhone browser. You can open Excel files there, so why not PowerPoint.

View files - SKYDDRIVE

I wouldn't think you nee the app, I have the SkyDrive app on my iPad, it is rubbish. If you have a SkyDrive account and load a PPT file there from a PC, I would think you could view that in a standard iPhone browser. You can open Excel files there, so why not PowerPoint.

I don't know Bob. Hope you like your iPad.

I have the Skydrive app which allows me to sync (update) my online files in the Skydrive account I have signed into. I can view PDF Word (4,500 pages), PPT Excel, most videos. I can move files and delete files. I can share files which is really also the point I guess for those who use iPhones. I load files in from work and can view them on my iphone or download them from Skydrive when I login from anywhere.

It is very quick to update and easy to use which is what I though the question was about.

You can login to Skydrive from your signin then view your files. 2013 office has included Skydrive Pro and Office 365 Sharepoint logins.

I like the Skydrive app on my iPhone it is free, downloads my files (updates) and allows me to view things I want to look at on my small iphone.

I do like the iPad touch keypad though.

Janine

If you think that is good, you should try the Windows SkyDrive app :)

I like the iPad touch keyboard too, even my fat fingers rarely make mistakes. Actually, it is not my iPad, it is Lynne's, my better half.

Skydrive

If you think that is good, you should try the Windows SkyDrive app :)

I like the iPad touch keyboard too, even my fat fingers rarely make mistakes. Actually, it is not my iPad, it is Lynne's, my better half.

I like my iPhone it is small. The guy in the Apple store kept saying all I needed was an iPad I said I liked the keypad but I have a MacBookPro which I like.

I have used Skydrive cloud for years with Office Live and Office 365 and have 100Gb free and now it is integrated similar to Live Mesh which I really liked and now is sadly defunct.

Enjoy your iPad Bob (or your wife's).

Janine

hey last nyt i searched it on internet, found one thread where people are saying its possible to have powerPoint on iphone. i am sharing it here with all of you guys:- http://howmobile.net/apple-i-phone/1713-power-point-iphone.html like most of you have said that you need to install some Apps on your device to fulfill this purpose, same kind of things are included there in the thread i have mentioned. Actually i am wondering to put any third party app on my iphone. Is it safe to put such apps on iphone ?? can it damage something inside ?? don't know, very confused, can someone help me in this ??

Sorry, isn't that the whole point of smartphones, putting apps on them?

BTW, I thought Live Mesh was back, but doesn't work on XP any longer.

Rishi,

Apple has a fairly comprehensive review process to ensure that the apps (like Skydrive for example) are safe to use. So long as you haven't jailbroken your phone (and you'd know if you'd done this), installing new apps should be fine.

ARe you sure about that Ken. I know that Apple have a comprehensive process to make sure that all developers are registered and that they (apple) can screw as much money as they can from the developer, but I am not aware that they actually do anything other than offer store services for that money.

Hey Bob,

I have a buddy that actually develops iPhone apps. They do review them very carefully yes. I know it drives her nuts because, depending on the reviewer they get apps get turned down for programming methods used or UI designs, but it's all subject to how diligent the reviewer is.

My understanding is that they do a tech review to ensure the app meets with their programming standards and doesn't do things they'd rate as potentially harmful. Having said that, I have not tried to develop an iPhone app, or gone through the process, so I can't say this from personal experience.

Rishi,

Apple has a fairly comprehensive review process to ensure that the apps (like Skydrive for example) are safe to use. So long as you haven't jailbroken your phone (and you'd know if you'd done this), installing new apps should be fine.

hey KEN thank you so much buddy, you are the real hero of excelguru. seriously i mean it

thanx again

I think if phone support windows then you can use the same progs u use on your PC

Back