NameNumberItem
George1Hat
Ben3Car
Henry2Sun

Sheet 2
George
Ben
Henry

I want sheet 2 to reference Sheet 1 find the row and column and then insert the data from column 3 'item'

Is this possible?

Thanks

azza001

Attachments

• sheet1.JPG
    sheet1.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Sheet2.JPG
    Sheet2.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 11
In cell C3 of Sheet2, array-enter this:
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$4,MATCH($B3&"|"&C$2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4&"|"&Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4,0)),"")
Array-entering means committing the formula to the sheet with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter.
Copy down and across.

Hi P45cal,

Thanks for the reply

I have tried to copy and paste but it doesn not appear to be working - any idea on what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Aaron

Hi P45cal,

Im not sure what I did but have now got it working.
If I wanted to then add another item after the first - in columns E and F what would be the easiest way for this to flow on?

Thanks again - I have been trying to work this out myself for weeks.
Im not sure what normally happens but once I finish the complete spread sheet do I share it on here for others to see?

Thanks

Aaron

If I wanted to then add another item after the first - in columns E and F what would be the easiest way for this to flow on?
Then it becomes a mess!
What are you trying to do? Give us some background, because whatever it is, there has to be an easier way.
Im not sure what normally happens but once I finish the complete spread sheet do I share it on here for others to see?
It would be nice, but it's not compulsory!
A simple workbook with your problem rather than a picture of it would encourage more people to have a look at your problem - saves them re-typing what's in the picture.

Back