Thread: Match with two conditions & lookups

Articles
    Excel Version

Match with two conditions & lookups

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi,

I am try to link to spreadsheets together.

I'm using the first attachment as the input sheet "1, tab analysis" to be pulled into the second file "2 - divisional'

Basically, in the
    second file the "position actual tab - I99:Q128) should be pulling from the first file H:P (below row 21)
    second file the "summary actual tab - H63:P67) should be pulling from the first tab H:P but the top part (above row 21)
    second file the "position YTD tab - I99:Q128) should be pulling from the first file U:AC (below row 21)
    second file the "summary YTD tab - G62:P67) should be pulling from the first tab U:AC but the top part (above row 21)

Im using "'LOOKUP(2,1/((ROW('First page - date'!$A$12:$A$39)>MATCH(LOOKUP("zzzz",F$2:F3,$A$2:$A3)))<MATCH("Total "&LOOKUP("zzzz",F$2:F3,$A$2:$A3),'First page - date'!$A:$A,0))*('First page - date'!$A$12:$A$39=$A4)),'First page - date'!H$12:H$39)" but it doesnt seem to work (not the tab names did not paste well but that funtion)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    1. Will these 2 files reside in the same server location? If not you will have linking issues.
    2. Why don't you have all the date in one workbook?
    3. Linking the areas - should be pretty simple. Have you tried hitting "=" going into the file you are linking and highlighting the area and hitting enter?

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjglover@gmail.com View Post
    1. Will these 2 files reside in the same server location? If not you will have linking issues.
    Not so - they only need to have the same relative path between them.
    Cheers,
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]