shared *.xlam on network drive - call subs and functions

Knekse

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
Hi fellow Excel connoisseurs

I have been scouring the forum for a solution to my challenge below, bur unfortunately without any luck. I have written some subs and functions, that I need to make available to my colleagues and that I would like to be able to update centrally. In order to do that, following this brilliant article, https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?152-Deploying-Add-ins-in-a-Network-Environment, I have made a sheet that can deploy my code to an *.xlam on our network drive along with code to install the Add In on the users excel. To allow the users to call the subs/functions in the *.xlam, I have added a reference to the workbook-template where the subs/functions are needed.

But, as the Add In is located on the network drive, it will not always be available, and the user will get the compile error "Can't find the project or library".

So, my questions are:
1. Is there a way to still use the reference method, but work around the "Can't find the project or library"-error?
2. Is there a better way for the users to call functions from the Add In?
3. And the big one: Should i share and update to code in a completely different manner?

Best regards
Knekse

Back