Power Query not loading data - Stalling

tlh

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Office 365
Recently I have had both relatively small power queries (180 rows, 10 lines of M code) and larger (approx. 6000 rows, 25 lines of M code) stall at the load stage. It happened first with the larger query and I thought it had to do with the size of the query. But it has now happened with smaller queries as well. I have never successfully loaded the above queries, but can load other queries just fine.

If it is loaded to a sheet, it will load a small portion of the query (15% of the query output rows, the last row consists of 3 periods in each column and then stall without loading anymore data. The Workbook Queries status bar shows that the query is still loading, but never goes anywhere.

The same result if I load it to the data model without anything at all showing up in the data model.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please attach a sample workbook that shows this problem.

Thanks!

See attached.

Attachments

• Stalled Data Load.xlsx
    73.8 KB · Views: 10
I clicked on the query error icon and, when asked, gave it a load destination. Seems OK.

Attachments

• PQ Stalled Data Load AliGW.xlsx
    215.5 KB · Views: 5
I was afraid of that, a random issue when I need data in a timely manner. I have tried a computer restart and had the same results. I have other previously created data models with 7-10 large queries and am able to load data in those with no issues.

Here's a screen grab illustrating what I'm seeing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlylf3f6phj3wrv/MTtroy data load stall screen grab.png?dl=0

Unless you have any other suggestions, I may have to chalk this one up to odd MS issue.

Back