Help with model of tomorrows price

andybandy123

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Office 365
Hi,
I have got a task which I cant figure out. I want to build a prediction model if we should buy stocks or not. And by using an external parameter (demand from customer on the whole market in our area which we get daily) I want to predict if the stock price tomorrow goes up or down.

I have columns with:
Daily prices for last 10 months.
The price change per day in %
The price change per day in $
Customer Ratio (The variable Im suppose use to predict with)

I want excel by the end of each day to look at the daily %change and on the customer ratio, and give me a signal if I should "Buy / No buy" TOMORROW (not the same day since it just closed). We always sell after 24 hours if excel doesnt tell us otherwise.

a) Maximize the profit
b) Keep the number of "loss-days" to a minimum (I.e control the risk!)
b) What threshold should be used on the customer ratio? I.e when is it good to buy or not?
c) What should the %-change be?

For example...I want to be able to say:
Okey if the customer ratio is below 4 and the price went up 5$ yesterday, we should buy today.

I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!

Skärmklipp.PNG

Administrative Note:

Welcome to the forum. :)

We would very much like to help you with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.

Read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.

(Note: this requirement is not optional. No help to be offered until the link is provided.)

We do not need to ignore it - you are allowed to post on multiple forums as long as you provide links.

I suggest you read the rules here and over on Excel Forum before posting again, because when joining both fora, you agreed to abide by them. :)

Back