I need some inspiration!!

jaydp

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi my boss has asked me to create a monthly report on the usage of one of our departments basically a footfall. so he wants to see the Peaks and Troughs of the department.
I am looking at something that will show the following;-

Type of customer (Only 2)
Date
Time in
Time out

the dashboard should show something like a 6am to 8pm graph peak periods and total customer usage based on the 2 types. does anyone have a template I could start with? or an idea?

my thoughts are to create a database entry form on sheet 1, with the database on sheet 2 and a report with graphs etc on sheet 3.

I need this to be simple as the staff maintaining this are non excel users, and I will be the only one who would generate the report to submit to management.

any help ideas I would be grateful for

Thank you

Jay,

Make our life easy and give us about 15 lines of data Raw in the exact format that you will receive it. And of course sanitize it if sensitive. Without actual data, everything takes much longer

Hi Thank you for coming back to me, I have started the project I am not sure if I am over complicating it but I have attached the excel workbook here. A simple database to collate the information using a input form (VBA based I cannot seem to get the time inputs to work properly,) sheet 3 will have the dashboard or reports facility. any help would be appreciated to finish this project

Attachments

• Copy of Data Entry Application in VBA.xlsm
    39.2 KB · Views: 21
I Ed I have posted the worksheet which I have started, Thank you in advance for taking a look

Administrative Note:

We don't expect you to bump threads more than once in 24 hours - it has been only a couple of hours since you posted. Please remember that those who help here do so voluntarily and of their own goodwill. They live in many different time zones and many will be out at work right now if they are not asleep on the other side of the globe. This is not a paid 'service': members will help when they are ready and able to do so, and not 'on demand'. Please do not try to put pressure of time on anyone here: if you get the help you need today, that's fine, but you really should not count on it. Thanks for your understanding and patience. :)

We would very much like to help you with your query, however the thread title does not really convey what your request is about.

Please take a moment to amend your thread title. Make sure that the title properly explains your request. Your title should be explicit and not be generic (this includes function names used without an indication of what you are trying to achieve).

As you cannot edit your title, please post a suggestion, I will change the title

Thanks

Last edited:
Jaydp, apologies just back in the site, 3 pages no data. Data please.

Back