Create a check box macro

hlaur

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I'm not sure this is the right category to post this in, and I'm a bit new to excel so please be patient.

At my last work place, they had a spreadsheet to log the information from work permits. I am trying to recreate this system for another project and am unsure how to do it.

Let's say there are 3 work categories:
(1) Hot work
(2) Diving
(3) Excavation

There is a button on the screen labeled "input".
When you click on the button, a check box appears with all 3 work categories listed.
You check "diving" and click "enter"
The check box closes, and the value of the "diving" column increases by one.

One or more categories can be checked at a time.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks so much

Attach a sample workbook (not a picture or pasted copy). Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need. Include a BEFORE sheet and an AFTER sheet in the workbook if needed to show the process you're trying to complete or automate. Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.

Remember to desensitize the data.

Attach a sample workbook (not a picture or pasted copy). Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need. Include a BEFORE sheet and an AFTER sheet in the workbook if needed to show the process you're trying to complete or automate. Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.

Remember to desensitize the data.

View attachment ExcelGuru1.xlsx

Sample file is attached.

Back