Thread: Using AdvanceFilter to create different group lists

Articles
    Excel Version
    MS 2016

Using AdvanceFilter to create different group lists

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi

New to Excel VBA and have been racking my brains on a problem with which I have had little joy and due to a deadline I am getting desperate and posting on this forum. I finally realised (thanks to snb for help) that maybe the way I was tackling the issue wasn't the way to go about it. So I am starting over in the hope of getting it done today.

I have a list of candidate names that are in 2 columns B and F. They are assigned a code that is in columns C and G respectively. *The lists can change length*.

All I am trying to do is extract/filter the candidates into 4 groups in a 2x2 array arrangement depending on the criteria below.

Group 1 - candidates (that exist in both columns B and F) both with code N
    Group 2 - candidates (that exist in both columns B and F) both with code S
    Group 3 - candidates (that exist in both columns B and F), column C code = N, column G code = S
    Group 4 - candidates (that exist in both columns B and F), column C code = S, column G code = N

Each group list (once created) also has the candidate pic next to the name.

My file that is attached (irrelevant data stripped out) overwrites Group 3 when the macro for Group 1 is run. Same for Group 4 when macro for Group 2 is run. That is why I think using AdvanceFilter is the way to go about it but I have no knowledge on using this so I am hoping someone can help please. I don't think it is a difficult problem but don't know how to deal with the overwriting issue and the fact that the candidates lists can change length so Group 3 and 4 need to auto-adjust where they start a few rows below Group 1 and Group 2. Also do I need 8 macros? Can it be done using less?

I have left all my data where I need it to be on the attached sheet.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files