Timesheet issue

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Mac version 15.13.3
Been 19 years since I last used excel forgot so much please please help, was supposed to be a simple time sheet from my mom, wots the saying best laid plans, having thought I solved pain in the @rse .50 time issue that excel has by custom formatting the cell h:mm "h:mm”. The total hours r still not adding up correctly =(F17+F25)*24 missing 30 mins shud b 81h45m instead of 81h.75!

Kind Regards

Joseph

this is the spreadsheet

Cell K25 has the issue

Attachments

• Margarets Novesa Timesheet.xlsx
    80.9 KB · Views: 7
Replace your formula with =(F17+F25) (the SUM function is redundant), then format as [h]:mm
BTW, 81.75 is the decimal version of 81:45
Multiplying time values with 24 transforms sexagesimal notation to decimal notation (and dividing by 24 does the opposite)

Last edited:
Thank you Pecoflyer for your response

Thank you Pecoflyer for your response, trouble with doing it that way it totally messes with the answer in cell M25, im starting to think there is no simply way around this issue without some giant if statement that i probably cant remember how to do :-( Ps thanks for the effort though, u not switching to being a Real Madrid fan now that Hazard is at the Santiago Bernabéu ;-) i probably shouldn't say who my team is even tho your team bought two of my teams best ever players, i predict Barca to do the quadruple this year, even if Neymar doesnt come back, Pps i luv your chocolates :)

Attachments

• Margarets Novesa Timesheet excelguru.xlsx
    87.5 KB · Views: 20
It is now in M25 you have to go back to decimal notation
Use =(E7*K25*24+J25) instead

Why make the timesheet so complex, and maybe give yourself maintenance headaches?

If it were me, I would have a single sheet for entering ALL of the time data, every date, every week, every year, and then a viewer sheet where I summarised the data for the.

I would have a table where I added the date, derive the day of week, the start of week date, year, and I add the start and end times and break, and calculate the hours worked.

Back