Import Outlook Calendars from a Calendar Group into Excel

Seth.Moser

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
First post!

Background: I am self-teaching myself VBA and vb.net in order to automate many of my tasks. I've got about 100hrs of 'experience' (read: google+code manipulation) and have become decent at understanding code and how to manipulate it, but not create it. Most of my time is spent looking for what someone else has done, then massaging it to get the end result.

Goal:
Import Outlook Calendars from a Calendar Group into Excel

Givens:
Excel 2010
Outlook 2010
All calendars events for the users in the group are visible to me, including "Free/Busy time, subject, location" but I cannot manipulate them at all.

Progress Thus Far:
I found some information that Ken Pulls posted here a few years ago, and it works, only for my calendar. Using code found here and replacing "emailAddressHERE" with a user from the group, then watching olFolder.Items, the count shows 0. When ran for my email address, I see 352.

Doing some searching on google, apparently I'm using the wrong terms as the information I find hasn't helped narrow down where the calendars are stored, from Excel.

When I use ListSharedCalendars() in Outlook's VBA editor while watching objNavMod.NavigationGroups, I can see the folder group and the people in it, but again, all Folder.Items.Count=0.

I feel like I've tried everything I can google, yet I'm still stuck. What I'm trying to do seems to be tried a few times, but the threads don't always get answered.
Any assistance is appreciated!

Back