Power Query Challenge 5

This is only for fun solution :))

Bill, I like your solution a lot from the execution perspective did you have to do several steps and then merged them all in one step called "Result". Any tips are appreciated.

Challenge 5 - completely dynamic solution

Hello,

with what I learned from the solutions to this challenge, I was now able to develop a completely dynamic solution.

Up to a length of 15-digit (expandable) IDs, the from/to range is automatically recognized and the list of new IDs is generated.

For this purpose I determine from and to which position "From" and "To" are different.

Please note that the IDs from 1000 to 3000 are only different at the first position and therefore only the IDs 1000, 2000, 3000 are generated.

Furthermore, the restriction applies here as well, that for the generation of alphabetical IDs, from and to, may only differ at one position.

Attachments

• Excelguru's PQ Challenge 5 - fully dynamic.xlsx
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
Hello,

because I didn't like the restriction that from 1000 to 3000 only the IDs 1000, 2000, 3000 are generated.

Therefore I extended the query to determine the length of numbers. So now all IDs between 1000 and 3000 are created as well.

Attachments

• Excelguru's PQ Challenge 5 - fully dynamic.xlsx
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
Back