Help with setting rules with checkboxes...

bigbluesfan22

Reaction score
Hello gurus! I just signed up to this board, and it looks to be a great way to obtain help. I appreciate your assistance in advance.... On to my question.

How do I set a rule, that when a checkbox is marked in a cell, that the entire row would automatically cut from sheet one, and paste onto sheet 2? I need this for when accounts are completed, so my active accounts sheet doesn't become crowded. And, adversely, if I mistakenly check the box in the wrong cell, I could go to the "completed" sheet, and uncheck it, so it cuts and pastes back onto sheet 1.

Thanks again.

Just a suggestion but i think i would use a couple of Button controls with macros assigned that will do this . Label one button Bacup Row and one Restore Row. The code samples below will cut and paste row A3 to sheet2 , and copy and paste row A3 from sheet2 to sheet1. you can adjust the range to fit your situation.

Code for Backup Button:
Code:
Sub Backup_Row()
'

If MsgBox("Cut and Paste Row A3 To Sheet 2 ?", vbOKCancel, _
    "Cut Paste Row") = vbCancel Then Exit Sub

Range("A3:Z3").Select
    Selection.Cut
    Sheets("Sheet2").Select
    Range("A3").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
     Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("A3").Select
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Range("A3").Select

End Sub

Code For Restore Button:

Code:
Sub Restore_Row()
'

If MsgBox("Copy and Paste Row A3 From Sheet 2  ?", vbOKCancel, _
    "Cut Paste Row") = vbCancel Then Exit Sub

Sheets("Sheet2").Select
         Range("A3:Z3").Select
    Selection.copy
          Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("A3").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
      Application.CutCopyMode = False
        Range("A3").Select

End Sub

It has a message for you to answer just to add a little safety valve.

Thank you Tommyt61.... Unfortunately, I forgot to specify that my employer disabled Macros. And I can not use the VB. Is there a way to do it still?

Maybe you could show your employer how you can create your own digital signature certificate and digitally sign your file where it is the only macro code that will run on your rmachine. If you tried to run another file with macro code it will not do it, unless it sees your digital signature attached to it .

It's not like your asking to download and run a file with VB already embedded, you are going to create your own file. They can look at the code and see exactly what is going to do.

Here is a link that shows you how to create and assign your digital certificate. It is very simple process. anyway just thought i might share this with you , maybe they will work with you on this.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/digitally-sign-a-macro-project-HA001231781.aspx

Back