Sumproduct help!

noviceuser

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
excel 2010
I am wanting to return information based on certain criteria being met.

I have used SUMPRODUCT and COUNTIF for each separate stage, but not linked them together and I have hit a brick wall.

What I am trying to achieve is,

1, Filter out the information by month (this is an annual sheet)
2, Lift how many vans a person has sold split into new and used (P-O), as in COUNTIF "BE" column K if E is not blank, sumproduct column U into summary tab - E5 - Sales Rev, repeat for column V into summary F5 - profit. But I need to discount if column O (workshop costs) is blank.

I have been doing this so far by manually filtering the new and p-o,copying onto a separate workbook, then sourcing the information. This is no longer practicable.

as this document is constantly updated I wanted to have this as an automatic summary and would like to avoid using a VBA / macro if at all possible. (these have not worked well in our workplace before).

sorry if this makes no sense.

View attachment Sample Van sales.xlsx

You can do most of this with pivot tables. See Summary sheet, 2 tables at cells B21 and B36.
I added a New/Used column to the 2019-2020 sheet (column AL) and the manufacturers table needed a new Manufacturer column (AP) to be added to that sheet, being just the first word of the Model column.
I don't know how to identify SOR vans.
The first table is sorted by the salesperson with the biggest profit, and the second table sorted by the manufacturer with the biggest profit.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru10045Sample Van sales.xlsx
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
Back