Help with Excel 2007 formula - Divide SUM of Cells

N7AS

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I am very rusty with Excel so here goes...
I am using Excel 2007

I need to be able to devide the sum of cells E, G, I, K, M, O, Q, and S by Cell D and present the resukt in Cell A.

I would like the results presented in % rounded to 2 digits to the right of the decemil point. Such as 16.666666 would display as 16.67.

I will have many rows (256 of them) and want the formula to work the same in all rows starting with A2 and giving the results for that row seperately.

I tried
Code:
=(SUM=E+G+I+K+M+O+Q+S)/D
but didn't work. Like I said above, I am rusty with Excell.

CROSS POST

This question has been posted in at least one other forum.

Do not post any further responses in this thread until a link has been provided to these cross posts.

Whilst we would rather you didn't cross-post, we know that there may be a valid reason for doing so. All we ask is that you provide the links in your original post to your question in the other forum(s). Read this to understand why: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184

This forum is full of volunteers that give up their own time to help others, something that should be respected and not taken for granted. It’s never nice for someone to find out that a problem they have spent time solving for you has already been answered somewhere else without them knowing, and so we ask you to make it clear that you have also asked elsewhere.
Please provide the link(s). If you are unable to do so, tell us where else you have posted this query.

Perhaps
Code:
=ROUND(SUM(E1;G1;I1;K1;M1;O1;Q1;S1)/D1;2)
or
Code:
=ROUND((E1+G1+I1+K1+M1+O1+Q1+S1)/D1;2)

[SOLVED] Help with Excel 2007 formula - Divide SUM of Cells

[SOLVED]<br><br>I have gotten it all straightened out.<br>
Thanks

Last edited:
For the benefit of those who have been watching this thread, would you please supply your solution so that others may benefit.

I solved my problem by using
Code:
=SUM(E2,G2,I2,K2,M2,O2,Q2,S2,U2)/D2*100

I copied it all the way down the spreadsheet. It works ok.

I use this to calculate the duty cycle of IALA Flash Codes used in Marine aids to navigation.

Back