Copy Value of Cell from other Rows based on Multiple Criterias

pbsmith82

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
I am having trouble setting some automation. It works best if I explain I have three types of "Products" these products can be purchased Separately or as a collection. The can be "Completed" at different times. I collect the data as separate projects, but need to see them as a collection also ........ With that said Here is what I am trying to do.

If Collection is a Yes, I want Product A's , from Collection A, Active date Pasted to Cell X

AND

If Collection is a Yes, I want Product B's , from Collection A, Active date Pasted to Cell Y

AND

If Collection is a Yes, I want Product B's , from Collection A, Active date Pasted to Cell Z

See Image Below ....
Capture567.png

Pictures
Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

Sample Workbook

Please See the Sample Workbook with Desired results also. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Excel Guru.xlsx
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
In the attached, which is messy, there is a possible solution in cells H2:J2.
If there is more than one row with matching Parent, Product and Enterprise ID it shows '-'. This can be altered to show the earliest or latest date.
What I'm not sure about is how to handle Yes/No in column C.
I can sort it if you answer both these questions:
1. If cell C8 changes from Yes to No should it alter the result in cell I2?
2. If cell C8 changes from Yes to No should it alter the results in cells H8:J8?

All the rest can be deleted: L2:N8, the pivot table at A30 - they're just for cross-checking.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru10005.xlsx
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
Back