SumIF within date range over multiple months/years

davenmarc

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Good Evening All

I am struggling to get the totals to add up to what it should be. It is using SUMIF formula with between dates formula. If i use dates from A1:A8 as in the example i have. It totals the correct amount
If i use dates A1:A31 it gives some absurd answer.

Because the first test gives the correct answer i dont think the issue is with my formula but it lies with the date format or how excel reads the date as it is failing to read the dates correctly from what i can tell.

I would appreciate any help with regards to this please if possibleView attachment Excel upload booklet.xlsx

None of the dates are actually dates - they are text. If they were dates, and you set the cell formattin to General, they would show as a 5-digit serial number starting with 3.

You need to change all the dates from text to date - just selecting the formatting does NOT change the type of data in the cell. You should be able to use Text to Columns on the Data ribbon to make the changes necessary.

Attachments

• Dates Corrected AliGW.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi AligW

Thank you so much for the info and correction. I am able t get it working now. Thanks again =)

Back