help with IF or IFERROR formula - want a blank cell if no data has been entered

kathy1521

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on spreadsheet for my daughter's fitness business. We are almost done with it. Our concern now is row 14 INCHES +/-. She has added one more calculation - calculating the total number of inches lost or gained. I think I have the calculation for that specific concern --- basing that on data from Circumference data immediately below. C14 works. D14 - she doesn't care about so we have no formula there. We totaled E15:E23 to give us a number of inches measured. (In the end we don't want the number to show). Beginning F14, we want to calculate the difference between the total number of inches in the preceding column. I have figured that out (I think). We want to drag the formula out but have a blank cell show up and not 0 or VALUE# or whatever. I am attaching spreadsheet. Thank you so much! You are all wonderful!!View attachment Book1 - fitness help.xlsx

In cell F14 try

=IF(SUM(F15:F23)=0,"",SUM(F15:F23)-SUM(E15:E23))

Glad I could help.

Here is a link to a site you may find useful when struggling with functions
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/index_alpha.php

I notice that you did use column ZZ in your formulas to be sure your right most column with data would be captured by the formulas.
Just curious if you realize how far ZZ is into the future. (Not that it matters)
If you add info at a rate of 1 column per month, you'll be good for about 58 years.

If you add info at a rate of 1 column per month, you'll be good for about 58 years.

Nice one ! Being 63 I'll be dead by then ( but then will XL also probably)

Back