Yield Return Based on Date in Date Range

ryan2233

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Been wracking my brain and just can't seem to come right on this. I have the following data (example):

Date MarketValue CapitalYield IncomeYield
01/01/2014 10000000 10000 5000

With about 2000 lines of data that follows.

I want to create a formulae that looks up the date in the date range, and returns a) a capital yield (capital yield/market value) and b) an income yield (income yield / market value) - based on me putting a date in column a of a new worksheet. So ultimately, I put in a date into cell A2, and in cell A3 I get a capital yield value that the formulae pulls from the data in the first worksheet based on the date I put in A2 matching to the date range in that data sheet. And in cell A4 I would get the same for an income yield.

I hope this is clear? Is there anyone who knows how to do this?

Thank you so much in advance

Ryan

Hi and welcome
please post a sample sheet containing some data and expected results - Thx

Did you check excels financial functions?

Hi Peco

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll work on getting some sample data, I can't upload the original data for various reasons. The financial function isn't the problem, working out the yield is simple enough.

My main problem is how do I associate lines of data with an input date. E.g. I input in cell A2 date 17/07/2017. I want cells A3 onwards to then provide me with the data associated with that date from the data sheet. I'll work on getting the sameple data uploaded.

Thank you

Ryan

Back