Filtering Spreadsheets Using Multivariable "Or" Statements

Manu887

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I came across this site and have a question I just haven't been able to get figure out. I've also attached the spreadsheet I was looking at, so you have some context. It's a tiny spreadsheet, just trying to figure out in principle how I accomplish something. So here is my problem:

I want to be able to create a spreadsheet that will allow me to input data as to whether or not a specific company produces a common, specific product. As you'll see in my spreadsheet I've simply labeled them products 1-4. What I'd love to be able to do is have the input each company be a simple check mark, in the same vain as the picture embedded in the spreadsheet. However, I understand if that part is not possible, and it needs to be an input (I used a simple "y" to denote yes). What I would then want to be able to do is have a drop down menu that would allow me to filter the results as if the menu is one giant "or" statement. So for example I would want to be able to filter the results by companies that produce product 1 and/or product 4. Right now I've only been able to do "and" statements.

I appreciate any help you might be able to offer me! Thanks in advance and let me know if my question isn't clear enough.

Ben

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    41.7 KB · Views: 28
Sort options

I am not sure if this is what you wanted, but give it a try. I used sheet 2 as the one with what I did. The only thing is you have to choose a sort before closing the form.

Attachments

• Test.xlsm
    34.2 KB · Views: 15
Input form along with filtering

Hello,

I reread your post and think you wanted a form to input the data into a worksheet and then another form to filter the worksheet. I know you would like to be able to filter more than 1 column with a macro but I can not figure it out either. I believe there is no way to be able to filter two different columns at the same time, I searched around the internet and everything I found It says it cant be done, I am sure there is a way if a person would copy the filtered data and paste it in another sheet but that would probably be a pain. I have included the updated workbook with the two forms in.

Attachments

• Test with input form.xlsm
    39.8 KB · Views: 16
Back