Hide Queries

Kaso

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
2013, 2016, 365
Hey im back with another question^^

Right now i have the case that every time i open my Excel-File where it is getting filled with data, the query-pane appears on the side.
The thing is that i do actually want to keep it hidden.
Any suggestions?

What version of Excel? When I open Excel 2016 and refresh my queries the queries pane never launches. (I have to manually do that if I want to watch which queries are refreshing.)

Hey Ken thx for the fast reaction :)
I do also work with 2016 but i do not open it myself, it is opened by an aspx-file which is giving the data in kind of a template i made with PQ.

Interesting. I haven't seen that template before.

In the original workbook, is the query pane showing? Can you close it there, save it and try it then? Does it affect everyone else the same way?

The other question would be around the version of Excel 2016 you're using, as the behaviour may have changed. (I'm running the Insider build.) My version (under Help -> Account) is 1708 build 8431.2022. What's yours?

If i am not wrong then im running the version 16.0.4549.1000 and what i meant was, im using that excel-file with PQ as a template.
What i mean is that excel is opened by that aspx-file, gets data and processes it with PQ to the build i wanna have.
To make that work it needs to refresh all queries whenever the excel-file is opened, but i do not want that query pane to be shown.

English it is not my mothertongue, so if you have any trouble to understand what i wrote let me know :)

Hi Kaso,

Okay, so you're using a REALLY old build of Excel 2016. Put into the same version info format, mine is 16.0.8431.2022. I'm going to guess that you are not on subscription, so you're not getting any of the feature updates. It is very likely that this behaviour has changed in the past few subscription updates.

So to clarify my understanding here:
-You have an Excel file with your Power Queries in it already
-Your aspx file has a script that launches Excel and starts the update
-When it does this, the query pane pops up

Does that sound right?

The aspx file launches Excel, transfers the data to Excel and updates but yeah that is pretty much it :)
Im gonna try the update, i didn't know it is that old.

Back