Building up 16 teams (2 persons per team) 12 times differently using excel

amersbiei

Reaction score
Hello,

I am preparing for a tournament and I am trying to build it up through Excel, the inputs of the tournament are as follow:

1- 32 players
2- 16 teams (each team consist of 2 players)
3- 12 Rounds (1 Round per day, which means there is 8 matches per day - every team is competing with another team)
4- Teams changes every round (which means two players can only meet once in one team for the 12 rounds, for example, in Round 1 player X is playing in the same team with player Y, however; in round 2 player X & player Y shouldn't be in the same team again everyone should team up with another players. This scenario keep on going until the rounds finish - each round different teams).

I have tried using this formula: {=index(array:list of the 32 players, mrand()+1) (I had to install the Morefunc add-in for the mrand() ) this gives me only the first round teams. However; for the second, third, forth,...... round I need to make sure that no one is playing again with the same player that he teamed with before. I don't want to manually check it, I need to make sure that excel is generating 16 teams every round different from the round before. Can excel do that?

Any Ideas? PLEASE HELPPPP

Thank you for helping in advance,

Amer Al Sbiei

Back