Copy data from one sheet to another according rules

Josy

Reaction score
Hello,

I am pretty newbie in excel programming but I have a task to complete and think the best way it to be done with VBA programming.
If anybody can help me out with some ideas I can follow i will try to build it myself but will not reject any help with complete procedure/sub.
Here is the task:
I have a workbook with some data on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] sheet (several columns in about 3-5000 lines) and a two column several lines table on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] sheet.
1[SUP]st[/SUP] column on sheet1 has words (~ 200) in random order which all listed in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] column on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] sheet and assigned to 11 words in 2nd column of this table.
I also have 11 more sheets in workbook each named by those 11 words from 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] column on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] sheet.
I would like to copy lines from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] sheet to those sheets named by those words by matching them from table in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] sheet..

Thank you for your help in advance.

Josy

Hi,

Welcome to the kingdom of Excel VBA.

Please provide a example workbook then its more easy to resolve your query .

Hi naveed raza,
Sorry, yes of course I can attach a sample.
I have attached a simplified (less columns and rows in the 1st sheet and less rows in 2nd sheet) sample file.
So I would like to build a code which will do the following.
When I copy a new data into sheet1 ("Chargeback") it will compare 1st cell of each row (starting from "A2") to 1st column of 2nd sheet ("Team Allocation") and copy the entire row from sheet1 (or just the 1st 9 cells of the row) to approproate sheet ("Chris", "Joe", etc) starting from cell "A2" rows by rows. So building up a sheet with data for only one team member.
The file will be shared on network for team members I hope it does not make the task harder.
I will pass protect it and assign only one member to be able to edit each sheet accordingly but I will try to figure it out myself.
Currently I would like only ask some help for the code doing this copying with rules.
Thank you for any help.

View attachment Sample.xlsx

Back