Cut & Paste in 2010 - not offering special paste options

the_gent

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just upgraded to Office 2010 from 2007 and need the special paste options 2007 used to offer, all I can paste is text. I searched on Google and saw this was a big problem solved in 2012 by taking off Skype dialer, but I do not have Skype on this PC so that is not the answer I need :-(

Has anybody experienced this since 2012 and do you have the answer please?

Try File tab > Options command > Advanced option > scroll down to "Cut, Copy, Paste" section. confirm that "Show Paste Options button ..." and "Show insert options buttons", and "cut, copy, and sort ..." options are tuned on.

Yes tried that, all OK there. I just tried using the icons for cut & paste on the ribbon instead of the mouse and got ALL of the special options. Tried it a second time and bact to just the text option :-( I have no idea what is going on. Tried to repair Office 2010 as well, no difference.

Humm.. Thinking it might be a plain text issue. If you open Notepad and type plain text, copy and try to PS into Excel - no options. I've heard that Safari can interfere (although it's my primary browser w/o any issues. Head scratcher...

Humm.. Thinking it might be a plain text issue. If you open Notepad and type plain text, copy and try to PS into Excel - no options. I've heard that Safari can interfere (although it's my primary browser w/o any issues. Head scratcher...
Tried as suggested and it pastes OK but still no options other than text.
Just to list other things I have tried:
I have deleted all Excel Add Ins (only 2)
I have run in safe mode (no difference)
I have run in compatibility mode (XP)
2007 never gave me any problems in this area and all I have updated is office to 2010 and Bitdefender to 2015
I do not have Safari, mainly use FireFox
Head scratcher indeed!

Back